The use of person-centred practice, paying attention desired outcomes, and the personal resources a person has helps us together to answer the question
- How will you use your personal budget/personal health budget/direct payment or self -funding ?
We have expertise in supporting people regarding capacity and financial decision-making across a range of funding and commissioning arrangements. What we agree is set out in our individual support agreement which describes what on a day-to-day basis we will be supporting a person to do.
The agreement clearly states:
- what we as a provider will do to support a person in line with their support plan.
- What the person will do themselves as part of this agreement.
- How this agreement can be reviewed, changed or ended.
Some people may wish to set up an Individual Service Fund (ISF) with us.
Individual Service Funds mean that
- The money is held by the provider on the individual’s behalf
- The person decides how to spend the money
- The provider is accountable to the person
- The provider commits to only spend the money on the individual’s service and the management and support necessary to provide that service (not into a general pooled budget).
With our dedicated locally based finance teams, we are able to respond to the above requests easily and on a very personal manner.